- RSS Channel Showcase 3010019
- RSS Channel Showcase 5959280
- RSS Channel Showcase 6097923
- RSS Channel Showcase 6148722
Articles on this Page
- 08/14/16--13:10: _Error Horizont 7 - ...
- 08/14/16--13:31: _Re: VMWare Fusion 8...
- 08/14/16--14:04: _SRM and only 1 SAN
- 08/14/16--15:03: _Re: Shared folders ...
- 08/14/16--16:13: _Can't run VM due to...
- 08/14/16--17:37: _Re: VSAN Swing Migr...
- 08/14/16--17:49: _Re: Nuevo HS22: Sin...
- 08/14/16--18:09: _Re: plz help me
- 08/14/16--18:32: _Re: LUN not accessi...
- 08/14/16--19:32: _Re: Virtual machine...
- 08/14/16--19:41: _Re: Question: Wrong...
- 08/14/16--19:42: _vim25.jar with Axis...
- 08/14/16--20:11: _Re: Upgrade ISO 5.8...
- 08/14/16--20:31: _Re: Running OS X 10...
- 08/14/16--20:53: _Need help in identi...
- 08/14/16--21:27: _AVX2 Error Message ...
- 08/14/16--21:40: _Re: AVX2 Error Mess...
- 08/14/16--22:01: _Re: Load Balancer a...
- 08/14/16--22:26: _Re: Need help in id...
- 08/15/16--09:18: _VSAN
- 08/14/16--13:10: Error Horizont 7 - Security Server Certificate
- 08/14/16--14:04: SRM and only 1 SAN
- 08/14/16--15:03: Re: Shared folders no more connected after a Windows update
- 08/14/16--16:13: Can't run VM due to missing snapshot hard drive
- 08/14/16--17:37: Re: VSAN Swing Migration
- 08/14/16--17:49: Re: Nuevo HS22: Sin IBM Serial Atacched SCSI Disk
- 08/14/16--18:09: Re: plz help me
- 08/14/16--18:32: Re: LUN not accessible vsphere
- 08/14/16--19:32: Re: Virtual machine files when missing.
- 08/14/16--19:41: Re: Question: Wrong Number of Cores shows up in vSphere Client
- 08/14/16--19:42: vim25.jar with Axis2's jar file can't be compatible
- 08/14/16--20:11: Re: Upgrade ISO 5.8.4 detected as incompatible by VDP 5.8.3
- 08/14/16--20:31: Re: Running OS X 10.10 Yosemite on ESXi 5.5
- 08/14/16--21:27: AVX2 Error Message on Windows 10
- 08/14/16--21:40: Re: AVX2 Error Message on Windows 10
- 08/14/16--22:01: Re: Load Balancer and HA problem
- 08/15/16--09:18: VSAN
In my lab, I was installed Horizon 7. In the View Administrator, the Security Server show the following messages.
Status: Server's certificate subject name does not match the server's External URL.
Server's certificate is not trusted.
IP Sec: IPSec is configured but not active on the security server and the Connection Server instance.
SSL Certificate: Invalid
The implementation is only for testing proposal, and a CA Certificate was created in the Enterprise CA based in AD.
Also I open all the ports of FW in the Connection Server and Security Server.
Is possible your help for this error.
Alright, so I downgraded my mac and it is still very slow. I put the RAM at 4 gigs and put 2 processor cores. I think the problem is because my processor is only 1.1 gigahertz. I don't think my mac is good for virtual machines.
Hi!, I have the following situation:
Two sites, the primary and the recovery site.
In our primary site there's only 1 SAN powered by a humble Hitachi storage appliance, and this replicates on the recovery site.
Our SRM was installed, as you con guess, next to all of our other VMs, on the same storage appliance. What I do know is that if our storage goes down, SRM will go down with all the other VMs and we are going to be unable to actívate any recovery plan.
Could you please tell me if this is the recommended deployment for SRM? or should we install SRM on another physical server to protect our DRP?.
I mean, the storage goes down, but still our live SRM could tell to our recovery site to power on and take control.
Am I right?.
Thank you very much in advance for your time and your knowledge!.
Wow. Worked after updating Windows 10 to Anniversary on Fusion 8. Many thanks!
I had an issue with my last attempt to use snapshots on my virtual machine. I deleted the snapshot and then the snapshot hard drive file however the virtual machine still thinks that the hard drive file is required. Which config files do I need to edit and how to get the VM to run without the snapshot file? I have the VM backed up but I have since encrypted the VM so those config files are !useless. I am using fusion 7.1.3.
I hadn't thought of the scenario you mentioned and using storage vMotion - I like that route better so I'll probably do that. Thanks for the input!
Have you mapped the volumes to the new blade with VMware ? Take a look at the following guide for additional about VMware host attachment (chapter 4): http://public.dhe.ibm.com/systems/support/system_x_pdf/00ak719.pdf
What is the operating system you are trying to boot? I can't recognize it from the screen shot.
Try increasing the amount of RAM allocated to the virtual machine. It's currently set to 256 MB, but many modern OSes assume at least 1 GB or 2 GB, and will crash if too little RAM is available.
I have attached the compressed file. Please have a look and let me know if you come up with anything. And thanks for your suggestion, really appreciate that.
Appreciate for your respond.
Unfortunately nothing was insert the VM folder. You may refer to the attachment picture.
The server is not vendor specific; built it myself.
Motherboard: Intel Server board S1200V3RPL
Chipset: C226 (says the manual) C224 (says the ebay seller)
CPU: Intel 3rd Gen Xeon E3-1275L
RAM: 32GB ECC unb
Does anyone use both Apache Axis2 and vim25.jar??
Please tell me how to solve the problem..Thanks!!
Anyone find an answer for this? Having the exact problem trying to upgrade from 5.8.0
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..
That would be all well and fine; however since OS X is a descendent/fork of BSD 4.4 (no arguments.. honestly), regardless of how much Apple rewrote - they have consented to the BSD4.4 license and must adhere to the agreement (and all clauses) they have entered into by using the BSD4.4 codebase.
There are several conditions that then apply; chief of which is '1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.'
The second is '2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.'; meaning that it is fine for Apple to use existing code - as long as they release the source code.
This appears in all different flavours of the license; so it is not unique to any one flavour.
I'm yet to see Apple do this; so they are clearly breaking the law.
Additionally; they have intentionally crippled what does exist already, so it only boots under certain hardware conditions.
Had they used the IBM 'clean room' approach (in regards to replication of functionality/API calls/compatibility) and rewritten using clear original notes; this wouldn't even be an issue for them, I'm not sure why they'd do this - but then again, looking at the quality of the machines they build (have you seen a MacBook Pro motherboard? or DVD drive? Absolute rubbish, built to be replaced upon failure), I'm guessing they didn't rewrite to keep their costs lower.
In short; Apple has reused a codebase but doesn't want to abide by the agreements set out by given codebase.
Even if they developed their codebase to the point where it had been rewritten incrementally, it would still be a descendant of BSD4.4.
How a multi-billion dollar conglomerate does this without facing the law is beyond me. Money talks, dirty money.
In short; do whatever you like with their software. Its not theirs.
These guys defending Apple are obviously fanboys (or idiots); take their advice with a grain of salt.
Apple's introduction of UEFI into the marketplace is the result of a sore and bruised ego after being forced to move their entire computer product line from a proprietary line of hardware to Intel architecture; as they desperately tried to stay competitive, and as a result has ruined computing for the rest of the industry (further hammered into place by Microsoft using UEFI; and Redhat bending over and buying a certificate).
Meaning you don't have the right (or means) to run whatever OS you like; on your own computer.
Go to hell Apple.
People will do whatever they like with your software regardless (usually just to compile a flavour of their application for your OS and delete the install once done).
I am trying to run a Netscaler VPX appliance on vmware workstation pro and I get the following error:
"This virtual machine requires AVX2 but AVX is not present. This virtual machine cannot be powered on"
These are the details of my computer:
Model: HP Elitebook 745 G3
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise
CPU: AMD PRO A10-8700B
AMD-V is ON in the BIOS settings
Hyper-V is NOT installed on the computer
Already turned on AVX from BCDEDIT by running "bcdedit /set xsavedisable 0"
If I run the vm on a computer with the same hardware but with Windows 7, IT WORKS.
Does anyone have any suggestion? I´ve come across a couple of posts that have the same issue with Workstation on Windows 10.
Just solved the issue myself by changing the hardware version of the vm (by default was on version5), set it to version 12 and it now worked.
Is one armed proxy mode, or inline mode used for the Load Balancer?
possible to send "show service highavailability" for both Active and and Standby Edges?
AN internal interface should be chosen by the Edge for HA keepalives, can ESG-1 ping ESG-2 HA interface IP?
You already posted that question last week and I moved it to the vSphere Management SDK forum because it is related to that SDK, not the Web Client SDK covered here.
I would like to ask a few questions regarding VSAN:
1. If a VM is subjected to VSAN storage policy for example FTT=1, what is the secondary copy VM? Is it thick or thin provisioned?
2. Lets say I have 3 SSD and 6 SAS disk per host?
- Can I configure it as 3 SSD as 1 RAID 0 group and 5 SAS as 1 RAID 0 group?
- Configure this with each SSD and each SAS with RAID 0 separately?